سلام! بسم الله
I have experimented a few times with falafel. I still haven't found the PERFECT recipe, but this time turned out pretty good, so I took a few pictures.
1 c dried chickpeas (DO NOT USE CANNED CHICKPEAS FOR FALAFEL!)
2 bunches parsley
1 bunch cilantro
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp coriander (ground seeds)
squirt of lemon juice
salt & pepper
1. Soak beans overnight in water
2. Use a food processor to grind everything together (I usually start with onions and leafy greens, then add beans, then spices) If it is too dry to grind, you can add a SMIDGE of olive oil, but this stuff gets too wet really fast so be careful! If it is too wet, add a little corn starch or flour to soak up the extra water.
3. Form into little patties either with a tool or by hand. (I prefer to do this by hand actually. Just make a ball and then squish it a little bit)
4. Fry in 375F oil until browned on the outside. Make sure the oil is hot enough because if it isn't, the falafel will explode :-P
5. Wrap it up in bread with some veges and tahinah :-D