Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Secret to Fantastic Shwarma

بسم الله

Everyone loves a good shwarma. However, making this delicious food at home can be a bit tricky, as traditionally it is made on huge rotisserie things, slow cooked for hours in its own juices, then thinly slice for proper sandwich consumption.

It took a while, but finally a way has been found to get that perfect thin slice in home-made shwarma. I love you guys so much that I am willing to share it. :-D

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!







CUT THE MEAT WHEN IT IS FROZEN, THEN MARINATE!!!!


It is so much easier to get a thing slice when the meat isn't rolling around on you, so get your meat half way to three quarters frozen, then slice away!

I would tell you how I spice it and everything, but I do it differently every time so there would be like... a thousand different shwarmas on here. If I ever get a set recipe I will let you guys know inshaAllah.

Other Tips for Shwarma:
1. marinade with yogurt and spices that you like, in my opinion it helps keep the meat tender and gives a really great flavor
2. if working with chicken, add a little vinegar to your marinade to get ride of that *chicken smell* lol
3. marinade for several hours, don't just spice then throw it on the grill
4. try cooking it in the oven at 350 instead of in a pan or on a grill

Do you all have any shwarma tips?

2 comments:

Stacy K. said...

Wow you have no idea how happy this makes me! You're the best for sharing this idea. Shawarma is so great, but I just never had any concept of how to make it at home.

NeverEver said...

Aww glad you like it!!

It isn't as good as the real thing, but it is the best I could figure out at home.

Let me know how it works! :-D