سلام! بسم الله
1. Start with a strip of egg roll or spring roll shell that is about 3 inches by 8 or 9 inches (I am demonstrating with paper, lol)
2. Fold a small triangle at the bottom.
The angle it makes with the side of the sheet should be about 45 degrees :-)
3. Apply a paste of flour and water (makes a glue) to the small triangle
4. Fold the triangle from the left to the right and press the small triangle down to stick it together. This makes a triangle shaped pocket. Fill the pocket with whatever you want (I really love spiced ground beef or cheese) Fillings should be precooked.
5. Fold again, this time from right to left, sealing the pocket
6. At this point you should cut the extra shell off at the tip of the triangle for a neater looking samboosa. Apply more *glue* to the small triangle that is left.
7. Fold small triangle over to the middle of the big triangle
8. Press to seal the samboosa
9. At this point you can choose to freeze the samboosa in an airtight container, or fry up a batch. They will look something like this inshaAllah!!
Enjoy and let me know if you give it a try!